- Announcing The Christina Hepburn Breast Cancer Support Campaign
- Boston: Demolition delay application: 1121 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester
- athenahealth Recognized with a 2022 KLAS Points of Light Award
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 29, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Omega Therapeutics (NASDAQ: OMGA) (Omega), a development-stage biotechnology company pioneering the first systematic approach to use mRNA therapeutics as a new class of programmable epigenetic medicines by leveraging its OMEGA Epigenomic Programming™ platform, today announced the appointment of Joshua Reed as Chief Financial Officer, effective May 23, 2022. Roger Sawhney, M.D., Omega's Chief Financial Officer, will serve as Chief Business Officer.
"We are excited to welcome Joshua to our management team. We expect that Joshua's track record of success and diverse experience across many disciplines including finance and operations will be important factors in Omega's future success. This news follows a number of key hires that we have announced this year, providing Omega with a strong and talented senior leadership team with the experience needed to execute on the promise of our pipeline and platform," said Mahesh Karande, President and Chief Executive Officer of Omega Therapeutics. "I am equally excited for Roger to be able to focus on our business development efforts as we look to accelerate the potential of our epigenomic programming platform to deliver transformative therapies to patients."
"I am thrilled to be joining an exciting company with an innovative platform and a strong leadership team with the potential to be impactful across a wide-range of diseases and conditions," said Mr. Reed. "I look forward to working closely with our Board of Directors, management team and our shareholders to continue advancing our science."
Mr. Reed most recently served as Chief Financial Officer of Aldeyra Therapeutics, where he was responsible for finance, business development, investor relations, compliance, human resources, and information technology. During his time at Aldeyra, Mr. Reed led multiple capital raises, oversaw the company's interactions with current and prospective investors and managed all aspects of the company's financial close, including quarterly and annual SEC filings. Before Aldeyra, Mr. Reed held a variety of finance roles of increasing responsibility at Bristol-Myers Squibb, most recently serving as Vice President and Head of Finance Operations for the United States and Puerto Rico. While at Bristol-Myers Squibb, Mr. Reed also led financial planning and analysis and worked on various acquisitions, divestitures, alliances, and collaboration agreements. Earlier in his career, Mr. Reed worked at JP Morgan Chase, Credit Suisse First Boston, and Chase Manhattan Bank. Mr. Reed received his Bachelor of Science in Finance from Rutgers University and his Master of Business Administration from the University of Michigan.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: June 2022: Latest Updates from the Mayor's Office of Housing
- Who Will Be The 2022 Wimbledon Ladies' Champion?
- Ismail Sirdah' Guide To Landing Event Sponsorships
- Massachusetts: Governor Baker Signs Executive Order to Protect Access to Reproductive Health Care Services
- Web Traffic (Visitors) Guidelines: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide
About Omega Therapeutics
Omega Therapeutics, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is a development-stage biotechnology company pioneering the first systematic approach to use mRNA therapeutics as a new class of programmable epigenetic medicines. The company's OMEGA Epigenomic Programming™ platform harnesses the power of epigenetics, the mechanism that controls gene expression and every aspect of an organism's life from cell genesis, growth, and differentiation to cell death. Using a suite of technologies, paired with Omega's process of systematic, rational, and integrative drug design, the deterministic OMEGA platform enables control of fundamental epigenetic processes to correct the root cause of disease by returning aberrant gene expression to a normal range without altering native nucleic acid sequences. Omega's modular and programmable mRNA epigenetic medicines, Omega Epigenomic Controllers™, target specific epigenomic loci within insulated genomic domains, EpiZips™, from amongst thousands of unique, mapped, and validated genome-wide DNA-sequences, with high specificity to durably tune single or multiple genes to treat and cure diseases through Precision Genomic Control™. Omega is currently advancing a broad pipeline of development candidates spanning a range of disease areas, including oncology, regenerative medicine, multigenic diseases including immunology, and select monogenic diseases.
For more information, visit omegatherapeutics.com, or follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements contained in this press release that do not relate to matters of historical fact should be considered forward-looking statements, including without limitation statements regarding the potential of the OMEGA Epigenomic Programming platform, the company's intention to advance its programs into the clinic, and the continued growth and scale up of the company. These statements are neither promises nor guarantees, but involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other important factors that may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements, including, but not limited to, the following: the novel technology on which our product candidates are based makes it difficult to predict the time and cost of preclinical and clinical development and subsequently obtaining regulatory approval, if at all; the substantial development and regulatory risks associated with epigenomic controller machines due to the novel and unprecedented nature of this new category of medicines; our limited operating history; the incurrence of significant losses and the fact that we expect to continue to incur significant additional losses for the foreseeable future; our need for substantial additional financing; our investments in research and development efforts that further enhance the OMEGA platform, and their impact on our results; uncertainty regarding preclinical development, especially for a new class of medicines such as epigenomic controllers; the fact that our product candidates may be associated with serious adverse events, undesirable side effects or have other properties that could halt their regulatory development, prevent their regulatory approval, limit their commercial potential, or result in significant negative consequences; the impact of increased demand for the manufacture of mRNA and LNP based vaccines to treat COVID-19 on our development plans; difficulties manufacturing the novel technology on which our OEC candidates are based; our ability to adapt to rapid and significant technological change; our reliance on third parties for the manufacture of materials; our ability to successfully acquire and establish our own manufacturing facilities and infrastructure; our reliance on a limited number of suppliers for lipid excipients used in our product candidates; our ability to advance our product candidates to clinical development; and our ability to obtain, maintain, enforce and adequately protect our intellectual property rights. These and other important factors discussed under the caption "Risk Factors" in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the period ended December 31, 2021 and our other filings with the SEC could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated by the forward-looking statements made in this press release. Any such forward-looking statements represent management's estimates as of the date of this press release. While we may elect to update such forward-looking statements at some point in the future, we disclaim any obligation to do so, even if subsequent events cause our views to change.
More on Boston Chron
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Announces Further Improvements to Supplier Diversity Efforts and Highlights Strides in Fiscal Year 2021
- Westside Finishing Inc. Awarded Products Finishing's Elite 2022 Top Shops Distinction
- Children's Shoe Brand joins Soles4Souls in Ukrainian Refugee Relief Efforts
- Rentable & SplitSpot collaborate to Create a Modern and Transparent Rental Experience
- The Data Economics Company announces partnership with Incradia to release the ReVerse franchise on Lydion-based Game Development Platform
SOURCE Omega Therapeutics
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Bacchus Wine & Spirits Jumps To Elite 'Top 20' Position In Beverage Dynamics Top 100 Retailers for 2022
- Hybrid-care Physical Therapy Platform Kins Announces $7.2M in Total Seed Funding to Accelerate Innovation in Care Delivery
- Wheels Up names Todd Smith Chief Financial Officer
- Boston-Based Golden Hearts Games, "The World's First Charity Casino," Surpasses $10M In Donations, Processes Over $6M in 2022 Alone as Over 50,000 Nonprofits Have Now Received Funding From the Platform
- CPC Scientific Announces New California Peptide API Manufacturing Facility
- PermaTherm 2022 Family Fun Day
- VBI Vaccines Announces Results of Annual General Meeting
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces Installation of Mural Honoring Rita Hester in Allston
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance Named a Reader's Choice Award Winner across the Region
- New development in Ramsey called Williams Woods!
- EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION, EMPLOYMENT & BENEFITS PARTNER JOINS LATHAM & WATKINS IN BOSTON
- Ice Cold Liquid Hustle: Take on Summer With Dunkin's New Lineup of Iced Drinks
- Intercontinental Real Estate Corp./Cohen Asset Management Team To Buy Phoenix Industrial Property
- Top New Jersey Engagement Shoot Locations and couples who totally nailed it
- athenahealth Recognized with a 2022 KLAS Points of Light Award
- BEC Technologies RidgeWave® 7000 Series Achieves AT&T Certification
- Black CannaBusiness CEO Intensive Partners with Parallel on National Education Series
- Takeda Announces Creation of One Cambridge Campus in Kendall Square to Drive Innovation Efforts
- Battery Ventures Makes Majority Investment in Titian Software
- "Summer Salsa By The Sea": held outdoors, by the ocean, in Beverly, MA