OpenView will maintain its focused strategy of high conviction, concentrated venture investments in business software companies on the path to be large and enduring businesses.
"We are excited to continue to partner with the world's most promising software companies," said Mackey Craven, Partner at OpenView. "We are particularly enthusiastic about businesses like Datadog and Calendly that embrace product led growth, an end user-focused growth model that relies on the product itself as the primary driver of customer acquisition, retention and expansion. This approach not only leads to sound businesses, but to products that more directly impact people's working lives."
More on Boston Chron
- BeBop Sensors' Forte Data Glove Adds Haptic Interaction Support for Oculus 2 and Unreal Engine
- LYRIC names Toni Newman as New Interim Executive Director and Jodi Schwartz as President
- TDS Announces Cloud Migration Accelerator Offering Available on AWS Marketplace
- Customer Experience (CX) Report Reveals Global Marketing Pivot to Drive Accelerated Digital Transformation
- Boston: $1,000,000 in grant funding available through 2021 Youth Development Fund
OpenView will manage Fund VI on behalf of a diverse group of endowments, pensions, foundations, and financial institutions, among other investors.
"We are deeply honored by the continued support of our world-class limited partners who have been with us for years, as well as those we have welcomed to the OpenView family as part of Fund VI, and we are grateful for their shared alignment in OpenView's mission of improving people's working lives," said John McCullough, Partner and CFO at OpenView. "Fund VI allows us to further increase our support of the best founders and executive teams while continuing to position OpenView as the partner of choice for the world's most promising business software companies."
Since its founding in 2006, OpenView has raised $1.5 billion in commitments across six funds and has partnered with 54 companies, including Datadog, Calendly, Instructure, Expensify, Highspot, and Workfront, among others.
With nearly 60 team members and 29 active portfolio companies, OpenView maintains a two-to-one ratio of people to portfolio companies, ensuring the firm is able to provide a deep partnership and focused support as companies grow into large and enduring businesses.
More on Boston Chron
- Wanderful Releases Anti-Oppression Toolkit for Travel & Culture Creators
- BitRouter Announces Dihedral Software Release for its ATSC3pro Receiver at NAB Show New York
- DRolls Associates CEO Dafna Rolls shares insights into the benefits of outsourcing vs. in-house employees, especially during the current pandemic English English English
- CyberSaint Recognized by Gartner as a Cool Vendor in Cyber & IT Risk Management
- CureLab Oncology Establishes Operations in the Gulf Region English English English
About OpenView Venture Partners
Founded in 2006, OpenView Venture Partners is a venture capital firm investing globally in business software companies. With a mission to improve people's working lives, OpenView's focused investment approach across sector and stage enables the firm to identify and partner with category leading business software companies. The firm's focus extends to operational excellence through its dedicated expansion team working with portfolio companies on go-to-market, sales and marketing, product led growth, talent, and corporate development. The firm is based in Boston and has $1.5 billion in total capital under management. For more information, please visit https://openviewpartners.com/.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Actress Marcia Cross Launches Non-Profit Organization After Successful Battle with Cancer
- A Video Discussion: Introducing ETHIC, A WEALTH BANK
- More fully human: Storytelling in the Boston Artists-in-Residence program
- Boston: A message from Commissioner McCosh: Exercise your right to vote
- The Joseph Company International Announces Expansion of Self-Chilling / Chill On Demand™ Packaging Innovations
- Itero Group LLC Fortune 100 Best Small Company
- Yottaa Publishes 2020 eCommerce 3rd Party Technology Performance Index
- The Business Conference for Women of Color, MogulCon, Celebrates 5 Years
- PSXDigital Unveils Marketing Automation 360 to Accelerate Powersports Dealership Success
- BostonSight Increases Accessibility of Higher Order Abberation (HOA) Correction in Vision Care
- Perch Announces $123.5M in New Financing to Acquire Top Performing Amazon Marketplace Products and Companies
- NANOBIOTIX Announces Four Presentations at The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) 35th Anniversary Annual Meeting
- The new version 2.0 - OffshoreCorpTalk got an upgrade!
- Alfred Street Baptist Church Donates Over $ 1 Million to Community-Based Organizations & National Nonprofits Through Their Tithe the Tithe Initiative
- Buy Website Traffic - Get Targeted Quality Traffic - Real Human Website Traffic
- Vertex to Announce Third-Quarter 2020 Financial Results on October 29
- National School Bus Safety Week (Oct. 19–23) Promotes Safety Aspects of Yellow School Bus
- PicPocket-Labs, Inc. receives Notice of Allowance for US and Chinese patent applications for geofence-based drone control
- MNA Nurses at Baystate Noble Hospital to Hold Informational Picket with Community Members at Noon on Wednesday, October 21
- Baker-Polito Administration Celebrates Third Annual STEM Week with Virtual Kickoff in Collaboration with MIT and the Massachusetts Science and Engineering Fair