"In more than 40 years of practice, I've learned that good architecture has the power to improve lives. By making this Studio course complimentary, I am able to teach others the reasons how and why, and inspire future generations of architects without any sort of economic barrier," said the firm's founder and namesake Patrick Ahearn. "It's my way of paying it forward after learning so much over the years."
In 15 online episodes narrated and taught by Ahearn himself, participants learn about the planned communities that inspired Ahearn's early career and are exposed to fundamentals like the basics of density and scale, architectural detailing, and how zoning dictates design. With segments on client communication, branding, and presentation, the Studio aims to give future architects an idea of what it might be like to work in the field while keeping Ahearn's philosophy of architecture for the greater good at the forefront.
"Patrick and I have worked together for more than 15 years, and we live and breathe these principles every day," said Managing Principal Mike Tartamella. "As a firm, we consider the fabric of a neighborhood, the spaces between buildings, and enhancing the public experience as we design. The purpose and motivation behind our approach are shared in the Studio."
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Mayor Walsh announces COVID-19 testing pledge
- ILoveLeasing.com® Spherexx CRM Gains Twenty-Four Companies in 2020
- Quanterix Corporation to Release Third Quarter 2020 Financial Results on November 5, 2020
- Ace Comic Con Announces Limited Edition Exclusives Of The Boys #1 Comics From Dynamite Entertainment
- Want to Buy Website Traffic? Here's What You Should Know
For those who seek creative inspiration, love architecture, and aspire to build their own brand, the Studio provides a springboard to begin that journey without financial investment. All episodes of Patrick Ahearn's Studio are streaming now at http://studio.patrickahearn.com/.
About Patrick Ahearn Architect
Comprised of more than a dozen skilled team members based in Boston and Edgartown, Massachusetts, Patrick Ahearn Architect specializes in classic American architecture for contemporary living. Sensitive to the original spirit of every property and its surrounding neighborhood, the firm creates beautifully authentic homes that stand as integral parts of their historic surroundings and are simply timeless. Follow Patrick Ahearn Architect on Instagram @patrickahearnarchitect and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/patrickahearnarchitect/.
About Patrick Ahearn, FAIA
One of America's most celebrated classical architects and a fellow of the American Institute of Architects, Patrick Ahearn has focused on historically motivated, site-sensitive residences in New England and beyond for more than 40 years. He has been awarded degrees in architecture and urban design from Syracuse University and has taught coursework at both Syracuse and the Boston Architectural College. Today, he oversees the architectural firm that bears his name while also deftly drafting firsthand. A recipient of countless awards, Patrick and his work have been featured in numerous publications, broadcast outlets, and websites.
More on Boston Chron
- Richmond, VA-Based Digital Forensic Firm Launches Remote Mobile Forensic Data Acquisition
- CEO Coaching International Sees Record Attendance at Make Big Happen® Connections Virtual Forum
- Great Grandma Invents a New Concept in Bridges
- Boston: Five fun things that happened at our fall Drive-in Movie Series
- Boston: Getting what you pay for with oil, and not a penny less
Email: [email protected]
Witchwood, a Martha's Vineyard homestead designed by Patrick Ahearn Architect
In more than four decades of practice, Patrick Ahearn has become synonymous with timeless American vernacular. In his 15-episode online Studio course, now offered free of charge, participants learn about the experiences and communities that shaped his career and his philosophy of architecture for the greater good.
Patrick Ahearn's Studio Course
Patrick Ahearn Architect Website
SOURCE Patrick Ahearn Architect
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Life and Times of Alex Esguerra, Now Officially on Paperback
- Companies Can Flip the Odds of Success in Digital Transformations from 30% to 80%
- Scholar Rock Announces Pricing of Public Offering of Common Stock and Prefunded Warrants
- New England Peptide Receives Massachusetts Manufacturer of the Year Award
- Haddonfield NJ Zoning Board Approves Real Estate Office Lounge in Retail Zone on Kings Highway
- Intern Pursuit Receives Investment From The 5th Floor Avalon Innovation Center Fund
- JUSTLAW tackles systemic access to justice problem
- Meet the Controversial Artist Making a Difference in Up-State New York
- Boston Insurance Brokerage has Announced an Expansion of its Specialty Offerings to Include Programs & Compliance
- OABA to Joe Biden: Stereotypes Have No Place in Your Campaign
- 20 immigrant-serving organizations awarded mini-grants for We Are Boston 2020
- Dolby Atmos Now Available for Wohler's iAM-12G-SDI
- Massachusetts: Governor Baker Nominates Justice Kimberly Budd to Become Chief Justice of the Supreme Judicial Court
- Kevin Hrusovsky to Speak at Precision Medicine Leaders Summit's Precision Oncology Conference
- Boston: Message from Commissioner McCosh: What's happening going Into the election and holiday season
- DALBAR Recognizes Firms with Top Mobile Retirement Plan Enrollment Experiences
- Catch brings integrated health insurance enrollment into the full suite of portable beneﬁts
- Local "We Buy Houses" Company Details how Covid-19 is Affecting the Housing Market in NC
- Boston: $17.2 million renovation of the Roxbury library branch completed
- YouthBuild Launches Global Rebrand