- Constant Contact Appoints Russ Morton as Chief Product Officer
- CreateTV.com's New Chefs' Indian and Cuban Recipes will Spice Up Your Meals!
- UPS Launches Services at Neighborhood Parcel Authorized Shipping Center In Tewksbury MA
TYSONS, Va., Jan. 25, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- PenFed Credit Union, the nation's second-largest federal credit union, today announced that it has furthered its commitment to prisoners of war veterans and their families with a $150,000 donation to the American Heritage Museum in Hudson, Mass. The donation will support a one-of-a-kind Hỏa Lò prison exhibit honoring the hundreds of Vietnam prisoners of war who were subjected to years of captivity, enduring extreme torture, isolation and malnutrition.
"The American Heritage Museum's Hỏa Lò exhibit is a truly harrowing, surreal experience that honors the extraordinary courage of Vietnam POWs," said President/CEO of PenFed Credit Union and CEO of PenFed Foundation James Schenck. "It is important that Americans never forget those who fight for our freedom. Vietnam veterans deserve this long overdue recognition for their service and sacrifice. Through the exhibit, generations to come can gain a keen understanding of the extreme conditions POWs experienced. Their fortitude is unmatched."
More on Boston Chron
- Entrinsik Board Announces New CEO
- Work & Mother Announces Collaboration with Jamestown to Provide State-of-the-Art Lactation Suites in Select Commercial Buildings
- Knobull Streamlines Presentation Techniques That Turns Stress Into Enjoyment
- Eddie Turner Ranked #13 On The Power List Of The Top 200 Biggest Voices In Leadership In 2023
- The Data Economics Company and Gordian Knot Strategies Announce Enkrateia Climate Investment Decision Support Platform
The exhibit features a reconstruction of the last two remaining original cells that held Americans including well-known veterans John McCain, James Stockdale, Bud Day and Joseph Kittinger. It also highlights first-hand accounts and interactive displays. Museum goers will experience a unique, intimate look at the physical and psychological challenges faced by American POWs during this tumultuous time.
"The cost of building a display like this is monumental and it cannot be done by the museum alone," said President of the American Heritage Museum Rob Collings. "So, we're fortunate to have a partner like PenFed Credit Union that has stepped in to help make this possible for all of the veterans and for all these younger generations that will come through and learn what this is all about."
About PenFed Credit Union
Established in 1935, Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed) is America's second-largest federal credit union, serving 2.8 million members worldwide with $35.9 billion in assets. PenFed Credit Union offers market-leading certificates, checking, credit cards, personal loans, mortgages, auto loans, student loans, and a wide range of other financial services. Our mission is to empower members of our community to achieve their financial well-being. PenFed Credit Union is federally insured by the NCUA and is an Equal Housing Lender. To learn more about PenFed Credit Union, visit PenFed.org, like us on Facebook and follow us @PenFed on Twitter. Interested in working for PenFed? Check us out on LinkedIn. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
SOURCE PenFed Credit Union
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Burns & Levinson Names Leslie Muldowney Co-Chair of Real Estate Group
- 2023 Book Award Winners Announced
- Tyler Clark Joins Global Learning Charter Public School as a Grade 5 ELA Teacher
- IDC Opens Nominations for Third Annual Future Enterprise Awards in North America
- Hookahville 56 Lineup Announcement
- Climate Institute Signs Agreement with Swiss-Based 2000-Watt Smart Cities Association to Promote New Climate Change Programs in the United States
- Wildflower Bee Farm publishes new book "What Grandpa Learned from His Honeybees"
- Berkshire Hills Announces Annual Meeting Date
- Despite Inflation Fears and Higher Interest Rates, State Street Survey Finds More Than Two Thirds of Institutional Investors Continue to Grow Private Markets Allocations
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of America's Workforce Solution, LLC, Charitable Partner - 'The On It Foundation' Qualify to Distribute Google Career Certificates
- Netcracker Continues Commitment to Middle East Region with Participation at LEAP 2023 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Veterans for Trump endorsement of MS Senator Chris McDaniel for Lieutenant Governor
- DonnaInk Publications signs Author, SAG Agent Theresa Lynn Zaino's, "Born to Compete"
- Texas Automotive Lift & Equipment Distributor chooses Employees Ownership
- Amundi US Declares Monthly Distributions for Pioneer Closed-End Funds
- Boston Celtics and Sun Life close out 9th annual Fit to Win youth program with Celtics forward Justin Jackson at trampoline park
- Boston: Fire Prevention Program Manager Certificate
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces Members of Steering Committee to Advise on Reforms to Article 80 Development Review Process
- Dog Licensing Reminder (and Boston's Most Popular Dog Names!)
- Seres Therapeutics Reports Inducement Grants Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)