- Massachusetts: Governor Maura Healey Lifts States of Emergency
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces New Roxbury Neighborhood Liaison, Asha Janay
- Boston: Councilor Sharon Durkan Delivers Her Maiden Speech
TYSONS, Va., Jan. 25, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- PenFed Credit Union, the nation's second-largest federal credit union, today announced that it has furthered its commitment to prisoners of war veterans and their families with a $150,000 donation to the American Heritage Museum in Hudson, Mass. The donation will support a one-of-a-kind Hỏa Lò prison exhibit honoring the hundreds of Vietnam prisoners of war who were subjected to years of captivity, enduring extreme torture, isolation and malnutrition.
"The American Heritage Museum's Hỏa Lò exhibit is a truly harrowing, surreal experience that honors the extraordinary courage of Vietnam POWs," said President/CEO of PenFed Credit Union and CEO of PenFed Foundation James Schenck. "It is important that Americans never forget those who fight for our freedom. Vietnam veterans deserve this long overdue recognition for their service and sacrifice. Through the exhibit, generations to come can gain a keen understanding of the extreme conditions POWs experienced. Their fortitude is unmatched."
More on Boston Chron
- Sidow Sobrino Announces 12th Album, "Seminal"
- Boston Public Health Commission Encourages People to Get the Flu Shot Ahead of Flu Season
- Asha Therapeutics Selected as a BLUE KNIGHT™ Company by Johnson & Johnson Innovation and the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA)
- Heartland Soccer Association and VidSport Launch Groundbreaking Live Streaming Service at Garmin Olathe Soccer Complex
- Massachusetts Wins Proposal to Host Northeast Microelectronics Hub through Federal CHIPS and Science Act
The exhibit features a reconstruction of the last two remaining original cells that held Americans including well-known veterans John McCain, James Stockdale, Bud Day and Joseph Kittinger. It also highlights first-hand accounts and interactive displays. Museum goers will experience a unique, intimate look at the physical and psychological challenges faced by American POWs during this tumultuous time.
"The cost of building a display like this is monumental and it cannot be done by the museum alone," said President of the American Heritage Museum Rob Collings. "So, we're fortunate to have a partner like PenFed Credit Union that has stepped in to help make this possible for all of the veterans and for all these younger generations that will come through and learn what this is all about."
About PenFed Credit Union
Established in 1935, Pentagon Federal Credit Union (PenFed) is America's second-largest federal credit union, serving 2.8 million members worldwide with $35.9 billion in assets. PenFed Credit Union offers market-leading certificates, checking, credit cards, personal loans, mortgages, auto loans, student loans, and a wide range of other financial services. Our mission is to empower members of our community to achieve their financial well-being. PenFed Credit Union is federally insured by the NCUA and is an Equal Housing Lender. To learn more about PenFed Credit Union, visit PenFed.org, like us on Facebook and follow us @PenFed on Twitter. Interested in working for PenFed? Check us out on LinkedIn. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
SOURCE PenFed Credit Union
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- HERITAGE FINANCIAL A BARRON'S TOP 100 INDEPENDENT ADVISOR
- Trinity Prairie Real Estate Lists Mesmerizing 16.78-Acre Estate in Colleyville, Texas
- Boston: THE MARY ELIZA PROJECT: WARD 16 VOTER RECORDS NOW AVAILABLE
- Mayor Wu announces a new pilot program to decarbonize Boston's housing stock
- Boston: SCHOOLS URGED TO REGISTER FOR THE BCYF SPELLING BEE
- ACEC/MA Announces Gold Engineering Excellence Award Winners for 2023
- Rhody Rug Revolutionizes Online Shopping Experience with the Launch of their New Direct-to-Consumer Website
- Keches Law Group Attorneys Recognized by Best Lawyers® in 2024 in America
- Long Island businessman turned recording artist, John Beyer, to release his first love song aptly titled, …"Love You More"
- The 2023 CGI Integrated Care Conference Explores Opportunities in Healthcare Improvement Discovered as a Result of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- CVS Health appoints Michael F. Mahoney to its Board of Directors
- Exploring the World of Web3? Lympid Puts Users Front and Center
- JetBlue Adds Amsterdam Service from Boston Starting Today
- Boston: Mayor Wu, Secretary Ed Augustus, and MassHousing Celebrate the Grand Opening of B'Nai B'rith Housing's Parkway 1208 in West Roxbury
- "Regenerating Life": documentary film challenges current assumptions about climate change
- Aadi Bioscience Announces Poster Presentations at 2023 AACR-NCI-EORTC International Conference on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics
- Massachusetts Receives More than $22 Million from USDA to Expand Access to Trees and Green Space
- Flint's Got Talent Returns To Showcase Creativity In Community
- Boston: Chemist Applications Available On Fire Prevention Portal Starting October 1, 2023
- Autonomous eVTOLs $25 Billion Market by 2030