- Announcing The Christina Hepburn Breast Cancer Support Campaign
- Boston: Demolition delay application: 1121 Dorchester Ave, Dorchester
- Boston: Demolition delay application: 14 Euclid Street, Dorchester
MENLO PARK, Calif., June 21, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- Protiviti golf brand ambassador and professional golfer Matt Fitzpatrick won a tightly contested 122nd U.S. Open last Sunday at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass. He emerged victorious after a clutch shot from the fairway bunker on the 18th hole, finishing the tournament at 6 under par.
Fitzpatrick also won the U.S. Amateur Championship at the same location in 2013, becoming only the second man to win both tournaments on the same course. Jack Nicklaus achieved the same feat at Pebble Beach.
During the U.S. Open, Fitzpatrick shot scores of 68-70-68-68 for a total of 274 (-6).
"We're thrilled for Matt on winning the U.S. Open and his first Major Championship. Our partnership with him and LPGA golfer Jennifer Kupcho has been wonderful, and it's great for them both to have won Majors this year," said Joseph Tarantino, president and CEO, Protiviti. "We're also very pleased that during his stellar performance at the U.S. Open, Matt totaled 19 birdies for which Protiviti will donate 19,000 meals to help fight world hunger through our 'Birdies for Meals' program."
As part of its Birdies for Meals program and i on Hunger initiative to fight world hunger, Protiviti donates 1,000 meals to non-profit organizations for every birdie its sponsored golfers make during Major tournaments. With the 19,000 meals resulting from Fitzpatrick's birdies shot during the U.S. Open, Protiviti's 2022 Birdies for Meals total is now 97,000 through five 2022 Major Championships with four events remaining in this season.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: June 2022: Latest Updates from the Mayor's Office of Housing
- Who Will Be The 2022 Wimbledon Ladies' Champion?
- Ismail Sirdah' Guide To Landing Event Sponsorships
- Massachusetts: Governor Baker Signs Executive Order to Protect Access to Reproductive Health Care Services
- Web Traffic (Visitors) Guidelines: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide
"I am so thrilled about this victory and especially to be able to share it with everyone at Protiviti. Their partnership has been fantastic over the past two and half years, and I'm thankful for all of the support," said Matt Fitzpatrick. "To see my fellow Protiviti brand ambassador Jennifer Kupcho win yesterday as well is truly incredible."
At 27 years old, this is Fitzpatrick's eighth professional victory worldwide, and first PGA Tour Major win. He now ranks 10th in the Official World Golf Rankings. He last won at the Andalucia Masters in San Roque, Spain in October 2021.
Fitzpatrick competes next in the Scottish Open in North Berwick, Scotland, July 7-10. Follow him on Twitter: @MattFitz94
Fitzpatrick has been a brand ambassador for Protiviti since February 2020. For more information about Protiviti's golf brand ambassador program, the firm's sponsorship of Matt Fitzpatrick (PGA) and Jennifer Kupcho (LPGA) and for photos and video interviews with the players, please visit www.protiviti.com/golf.
More on Boston Chron
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Announces Further Improvements to Supplier Diversity Efforts and Highlights Strides in Fiscal Year 2021
- Westside Finishing Inc. Awarded Products Finishing's Elite 2022 Top Shops Distinction
- Children's Shoe Brand joins Soles4Souls in Ukrainian Refugee Relief Efforts
- Rentable & SplitSpot collaborate to Create a Modern and Transparent Rental Experience
- The Data Economics Company announces partnership with Incradia to release the ReVerse franchise on Lydion-based Game Development Platform
Protiviti (www.protiviti.com) is a global consulting firm that delivers deep expertise, objective insights, a tailored approach and unparalleled collaboration to help leaders confidently face the future. Protiviti and its independent and locally owned Member Firms provide clients with consulting and managed solutions in finance, technology, operations, data, digital, legal, governance, risk and internal audit through its network of more than 85 offices in over 25 countries.
Named to the 2022 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Protiviti has served more than 80 percent of Fortune 100 and nearly 80 percent of Fortune 500 companies. The firm also works with smaller, growing companies, including those looking to go public, as well as with government agencies. Protiviti is a wholly owned subsidiary of Robert Half (NYSE: RHI). Founded in 1948, Robert Half is a member of the S&P 500 index.
Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on financial statements or offer attestation services.
Editor's note: photos available upon request.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Bacchus Wine & Spirits Jumps To Elite 'Top 20' Position In Beverage Dynamics Top 100 Retailers for 2022
- Hybrid-care Physical Therapy Platform Kins Announces $7.2M in Total Seed Funding to Accelerate Innovation in Care Delivery
- Wheels Up names Todd Smith Chief Financial Officer
- Boston-Based Golden Hearts Games, "The World's First Charity Casino," Surpasses $10M In Donations, Processes Over $6M in 2022 Alone as Over 50,000 Nonprofits Have Now Received Funding From the Platform
- CPC Scientific Announces New California Peptide API Manufacturing Facility
- PermaTherm 2022 Family Fun Day
- VBI Vaccines Announces Results of Annual General Meeting
- Boston: Mayor Wu Announces Installation of Mural Honoring Rita Hester in Allston
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance Named a Reader's Choice Award Winner across the Region
- New development in Ramsey called Williams Woods!
- EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION, EMPLOYMENT & BENEFITS PARTNER JOINS LATHAM & WATKINS IN BOSTON
- Ice Cold Liquid Hustle: Take on Summer With Dunkin's New Lineup of Iced Drinks
- Intercontinental Real Estate Corp./Cohen Asset Management Team To Buy Phoenix Industrial Property
- Top New Jersey Engagement Shoot Locations and couples who totally nailed it
- athenahealth Recognized with a 2022 KLAS Points of Light Award
- BEC Technologies RidgeWave® 7000 Series Achieves AT&T Certification
- Black CannaBusiness CEO Intensive Partners with Parallel on National Education Series
- Takeda Announces Creation of One Cambridge Campus in Kendall Square to Drive Innovation Efforts
- Battery Ventures Makes Majority Investment in Titian Software
- "Summer Salsa By The Sea": held outdoors, by the ocean, in Beverly, MA