- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Launches COVID-19 Vaccine CDC Pharmacy Partnership - Phase 1, Expands Vaccine Locations & Names Fenway Park as Mass Vaccination Site
- Boston: A message from Commissioner McCosh: Inauguration event accessibility
- Former US Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense Dr. Joe Felter joins 6K's Advisory Board
Best known for his work with Run-DMC, McDaniels has himself grappled with mental health issues and is the author of the bestselling book 10 Ways Not to Commit Suicide. A champion of innovative strategies to address mental health challenges for people of all ages, he is a founding backer of Uwill, a fast-growing social impact venture led by veteran edtech executive Michael London that enables college students to connect on-demand with mental health professionals. For the panel, London and McDaniels will be joined by Dr. Craig Burns, Director of University Counseling Services at Boston College, a Uwill partner.
More on Boston Chron
- Congressional Medal of Honor Society will host 2021 convention in Boston
- Boston: Update on the Ronan Park Well
- Avery Design Announces CXL™ 2.0 VIP
- Nova Biomedical FLEX2 Cell Culture Analyzer Adds Sample Retain Capability
- Kaizen Finance Launches Staking to Foster the Widespread Adoption of DeFi
The discussion will address the increasing demand for mental health services on college campuses, a challenge that has only been exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic. Research suggests that mental health diagnoses for college students increased by more than 50% between 2007 and 2017, and as many as eight in 10 students report that their mental health has been negatively affected by the pandemic.
More on Boston Chron
- Ismail Sirdah Describes the Best Practices for Holding Corporate Events
- MDAdvantage Appoints Pete Cammarano to Board of Directors
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Orion Energy on Successful Capital Partnerships
- expEDIum Direct Pay®, seamless online payment added to iTech's expEDIum Medical Billing®
- Office Properties Income Trust Fourth Quarter 2020 Conference Call Scheduled for Friday, February 19th
"As the campus mental health crisis continues to accelerate, technology has a critical role to play in helping institutions respond quickly and empathetically to students' needs," said Burns. "I'm looking forward to joining experts from a diverse range of backgrounds to discuss these issues."
During the panel, McDaniels, Burns, and London will discuss their firsthand experience with the challenges faced by students, as well as exploring the role of emerging technologies in both increasing access and reducing the stigma that often surrounds mental health.
|WHAT:||Panel discussion on college student mental health, featuring Darryl "DMC" McDaniels|
|WHEN:||January 14, 2021, 12:00pm ET|
|HOW:||Register today: https://www.naspa.org/events/strategies. Interviews with panelists are available.|
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Pro Golfer Kamaiu Johnson Joins Cambridge Mobile Telematics as Brand Ambassador
- Empirix Helps CEHE Confidently Migrate to Five9 Cloud-Based Contact Center Software USA - English USA - English
- Northway Biotech Opens New Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Facility in Greater Boston Area
- Manulife Investment Management announces new managing director of institutional distribution, southeast region
- Boston: Meet some of this year's Opportunity Fund grantees
- City Streaming TV, a Streaming Television Inc Network Launches, bringing Community and Faith Leaders into local TV's, At No Cost
- Perini Management Services, Inc. Announces Two Federal Contracts Collectively Valued at $66.9 Million
- "GLORY of HISTORY" Hip-Hop Music Video Looks At Voter's Choice
- BoatDealers.ca Surges with Record Traffic in 2020
- CoVerified Announces Partnership with Mirimus for Nationwide K-12 Pooled Saliva COVID-19 Testing Program
- Reify Health Announces Global Expansion of StudyTeam to Over 2,700 Clinical Research Sites
- 'Aesthetic Institute of Massachusetts' Announces Rebranding to 'Aesthetic Mentor'
- OCC Adopts Final Rule Requiring Large Banks to Provide Fair Access to Banking Services
- New GCI Study On Gynecologic Cancers in Brazil Finds Most Patients Present With Advanced Disease
- The Antenna Company Announces Venture Debt Financing Agreement with Brabant Development Agency (BOM)
- Haemonetics To Acquire Cardiva Medical, Inc. To Expand Hospital Portfolio
- Cohere Capital Completes Strategic Growth Investment in CCS, a Leading Digital Brand and E-Commerce Retailer
- Syros Announces Pricing of $75.6 Million Public Offering of Common Stock
- Code18 Interactive Launches New Websites for Balmex and Balmex Adult
- LabMinds Successfully Receives Approval for Use in a GMP Certified Laboratory.