- Posh AI Welcomes Former NCUA Chairman Rodney E. Hood to Board of Directors
- Boston's Urban Tree Data Now Available Through Analyze Boston
- Boston's Top Ten Dog Names Of 2023 Unleashed
The recipients of this year's grant are Jason Au, PharmD from the University of Southern California Alfred E. Mann School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences and Jennifer Chang, PharmD and Tiffany Tsai, PharmD of UC Davis Health.
Brian Smith, Chief Pharmacy Officer at Shields said: "By enhancing specialty pharmacy services, we can help health systems deliver high quality and cost-efficient care for complex patients. Our research grant program has supported innovation by numerous residents in health system-based specialty pharmacies over the past four years, and we are proud to add this year's recipients to that list."
Jason Au's project is titled Impact of Medication Therapy Management Services in a Specialty Pharmacy Settings. The retrospective observational study seeks to identify barriers to implementing Medication Therapy Management (MTM) services in a specialty pharmacy workflow as well as measure revenue generated from billed MTM services, patient satisfaction, and the provider acceptance rate. Nazeli Bairamian, PharmD; Havan Truong, PharmD; Richard Dang, PharmD; and Allison Chacon, PharmD are supporting the project as co-investigators or residency site coordinators.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Ribbon-cutting Ceremony Celebrates Menstrual Product Availability in City Hall
- Mayor Michelle Wu announces five year contract ratified by Boston Police Detectives Benevolent Society, codifying key reforms, fair compensation and advancing transparency
- Angel Beck Honored as Featured Agent in "Best of Real Estate Magazine"
- Training Industry Recognizes RAIN Group on 2024 Top 20 Sales Training and Enablement Companies List
- J & Z Unveils Naveen: The Next Generation Virtual Human Skincare Expert
Jennifer Chang and Tiffany Tsai's project is titled Impact of Integrated Clinical Pharmacy Services on Patient Outcomes in a Cardiac Rehabilitation Program. The study aims to evaluate how pharmacists may impact patient outcomes and characterize the type of interventions made in a cardiac rehabilitation program at a large academic medical center. Claire Yang, PharmD is supporting the project as co-investigator while Javier E. Lopez M.D., Director of UC Davis Health Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is providing support for the study which hopes to establish the benefits of utilizing clinical specialty pharmacy services model in various institutional settings to improve patient outcomes and reduce systematic morbidity and mortality.
Shields Health Solutions has been offering research grants for four consecutive years now with an aim to further health system-based specialty pharmacy initiatives across the country.
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Entegris Completes the Sale of the Pipeline and Industrial Materials (PIM) Business to SCF Partners
- Weiss Asset Management is Unrelated to Weiss Multi-Strategy Advisers LLC
- Vintage Arms Inc. Opens Its Doors as Yonkers' Premier Firearms Destination and Training Facility
- Survivor breaks silence after 50 years
- The newest installment in an early middle grade series about a weird town with silly goings-on will delight young readers
- Have Luxury Watches Lost Their Shine? Market Analysis for 2024
- Rio Rancho Dentist Treats Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Snoring, with Oral Appliance Therapy
- Distribution Dates and Amounts Announced for Eaton Vance Closed-End Funds
- Hannah's Journal to Be Happy: New Book Reminds Us of the Many Ways We Can Find "Happy"
- TownePlace Suites Geneva at SPIRE Academy Opens
- Tobu Railway Makes Japan's First Demonstration Experiment Using Biofuel in a Steam Locomotive
- Boston: March is Women's History Month
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey Files Mass Leads Act to Grow Economy, Support Businesses, Attract Talent
- Massachusetts: Press Statement Governor Healey Applauds CVS and Walgreens for Expanding Access to Mifepristone
- Tri-Continental Corporation Declares First Quarter Distribution
- Introducing Flumlite SNUGG: Redefining Vaping Comfort and Style
- Sarepta Therapeutics Announces Inducement Grants Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- CNN and Fortune cite Wharton Wealth Planning market advice
- Boston: Mayor Michelle Wu Announces Expansion of Swim Safe Program with New Funding for Free Swim Lessons
- NFS Leasing, Inc. Sets Company Record for Year-Over-Year Originations in 2023, Increasing Vendor Partner NBV by 250%