- Blackstone Griddle Black Friday & Cyber Monday (2023): Review of Latest Griddle Offers Reported by Deal Tomato
- Woburn Dentistry Provides Comprehensive Perio Procedures From One Convenient Location
- Away Travel Luggage Cyber Monday (2023): Round-up of Latest Offers Published by Deal Stripe
SEOUL, South Korea and KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa., Sept. 26, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- SK Biopharmaceuticals, a global biotech focused on the research, development and commercialization of treatments for disorders of the central nervous system (CNS) and oncology, and its U.S. R&D subsidiary, Proteovant Therapeutics, today announced they will present data on the discovery and characterization of a selective IKZF2 molecular glue degrader with best-in-class potential, and on MOPED™, a novel platform for the discovery of molecular glues, at the 20th Annual Discovery on Target Conference being held in Boston, September 25-28, 2023.
These presentations are the first in a series in which the companies will unveil exciting results from its targeted protein degradation (TPD) studies and MOPEDTM Molecular Glue Screening Platform. TPD harnesses the body's natural protein disposal system and offers the potential to develop new medicines targeting historically difficult-to-drug proteins that play an important role in causing serious diseases. SK Biopharmaceuticals and Proteovant Therapeutics are discovering and developing potential best-in-class and first-in-class degraders to engage previously undruggable targets.
"We are excited to share new data on our IKZF2 molecular glue degrader that demonstrates the potential to combine with immune checkpoint therapies for the treatment of cancer," said Donghoon Lee, President and CEO of SK Biopharmaceuticals and SK Life Science. "We are also pleased to present data showing how our MOPED™ platform can help find molecular glues with the potential to destroy malfunctioning proteins and kill cancer cells or inhibit their growth."
More on Boston Chron
- Mayor Wu Announces $1 Million in New Grant Funding to Support the Revitalization of Boston's Restaurant Industry
- Allotex Announces New Investor and Expansion of Production Facilities USA - English USA - English
- Green Office Partner Launches Managed Print Services Program in Canada
- GLCPS Sponsors Two Students to Attend Brown University Leadership Institute
- Vantiva Confirms its Strong Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Discovery on Target Meeting Presentations:
- Title: MOPED™: A Novel Platform for the Discovery of Molecular Glues
- Presenter: Corey Strickland, Ph.D.
- Date/Time: Wednesday, September 27; 9:30 - 10:00 AM
- Title: Discovery and Characterization of an IKZF2 Selective Molecular Glue Degrader with Best-in-Class Potential
- Presenter: Courtney G. Havens, Ph.D.
- Date/Time: Thursday, September 28; 2:50 - 3:20 PM
About Proteovant Therapeutics
Proteovant Therapeutics exploits the ubiquitin-protease system (UPS) to discover and develop transformative medicines for the treatment of patients with life-altering diseases. Protein degradation harnesses the human body's innate cellular machinery by way of the UPS to identify and mark disease causing proteins for destruction. This promising approach provides the opportunity to target proteins of interest, many of which were previously considered undruggable. Proteovant integrates its AI enabled target ID platform, degrader drug hunting expertise, and MOPED™ molecular glue screening platform to advance novel protein degraders. As of August 11, 2023, Proteovant Therapeutics is part of SK Biopharmaceuticals.
About SK Biopharmaceuticals Co., Ltd.
SK Biopharmaceuticals is a global biotech company focused on the research, development, and commercialization of treatments to help people living with central nervous system (CNS) disorders and change the future of cancer care. Together with its U.S. subsidiary, SK Life Science, Inc., SK Biopharmaceuticals has a pipeline of eight compounds in development. Both companies are part of SK Group, one of the largest conglomerates in Korea and one of TIME's 100 Most Influential Companies of 2023. For more information, please visit www.skbp.com/eng.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Parks Department offers free Ultimate disc youth clinics
- The World's No.1 Superstar Rings in 48th Birthday and 25 Years as an Entertainer
- Devart Is the Winner of 2023 New World Report Software and Technology Award
- South Ender Gene Bolinger appointed to Boston Parks and Recreation Commission
- Boston Celtics' Coach Sam Cassell Partners with Zenni® Optical For Debut 'Coach's Collection' Eyewear Line
SK Biopharmaceuticals' parent company SK Inc. continues to enhance its portfolio value by executing long-term investments with a number of competitive subsidiaries in various business areas, including pharmaceuticals and life science, energy and chemicals, information and telecommunication, and semiconductors. In addition, SK Inc. is focused on reinforcing its growth foundations through profitable and practical management based on financial stability, while raising its enterprise value by investing in new future growth businesses. For more information, please visit www.sk-inc.om/en.
SK Life Science
SOURCE SK Biopharmaceuticals Co., Ltd
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- City of Boston Celebrates Grand Opening of 250 Centre Street
- Fred Nassiri Relaunches "Love Sees No Colour"
- TKO Miller Advises Visu-Sewer on its Partnership With Fort Point Capital
- Vicinity Energy Steams Ahead to Sustainable Future with Arrival of 42MW Electric Boiler in Cambridge, Mass.
- Investing in Boston's Adult Learners: Adult Literacy Initiative
- The Samuel Lawrence Foundation Presents Live from Dubai: First Friday Series Webinar on Dec 1
- Wohler makes the Evertz Quartz Protocol available for their iAM-SUM audio monitors & iVAM-SUM AV monitors
- Genuine Hospitality, LLC Adds Two, Southwest Florida Hotels, to Growing Portfolio
- Primrose Schools® Celebrates 500th Location with Appreciation to the Students, Staff, Teachers, and Owners Behind the National Franchise's Four Decades of Early Education Innovation
- The CPSE Shenzhen 2023 was inaugurated on October
- Tectonic Therapeutic Announces Start of First Clinical Program for GPCR-Targeted Biologic
- Flagship Pioneering Marks Official Opening of UK Hub with Event Convening Life Science Leaders USA - English USA - English
- Bill Edwards Foundation for the Arts and Ericka Dunlap Collaborate with Local Nonprofits to Celebrate Diversity at Mahaffey
- New York Young Republican Club Endorses Allen Mashburn For Lieutenant Governor Of North Carolina
- Diane Gray-Smith Joins STS Capital Partners
- Twelve Burns & Levinson Attorneys Named to Boston Magazine's Top Lawyers List
- City of Boston announces new Community Choice Electricity rates
- Boston: LinkedInsights: Lisandra Hernandez
- Knobull's President Shows How Leadership Skills Boost Career Growth
- Partners Capital Goes 'Open Source' with Two Decades of Research Supporting their Institutional Investment Approach