- Posh AI Welcomes Former NCUA Chairman Rodney E. Hood to Board of Directors
- Boston's Urban Tree Data Now Available Through Analyze Boston
- ENTOUCH Awarded Prestigious Recognition in Inc. Regionals Southwest 2024
Upon his appointment to the Commission, Boston Parks Commissioner Ryan Woods said: "We are pleased to welcome Gene Bolinger as an Associate Commissioner. Gene's history of participation in the protection, enhancement, and expansion of Boston's amazing park and open space system aligns with our goals to help provide safe, compelling, equitable and essential park and recreation facilities to all residents of our great city."
Bolinger began his professional career as a landscape architect in 1999 at the Massachusetts-based environmental engineering firm Weston & Sampson. He established a vibrant landscape architecture practice there and helped the firm grow various business lines. He also led the transportation, architecture, and municipal facilities practices in addition to landscape architecture.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Ribbon-cutting Ceremony Celebrates Menstrual Product Availability in City Hall
- Mayor Michelle Wu announces five year contract ratified by Boston Police Detectives Benevolent Society, codifying key reforms, fair compensation and advancing transparency
- Angel Beck Honored as Featured Agent in "Best of Real Estate Magazine"
- Training Industry Recognizes RAIN Group on 2024 Top 20 Sales Training and Enablement Companies List
- J & Z Unveils Naveen: The Next Generation Virtual Human Skincare Expert
Since 1984 he has worked on approximately 150 projects in the Boston Parks and Recreation system including the reconstruction of the first pedestrian path on Boston Common and the recently completed Master Plan for Boston Common. Bolinger retired from professional practice as a registered landscape architect in July 2022.
Upon his appointment announcement Bolinger said: "I am honored to have been named to the Boston Parks and Recreation Commission. To my core I believe that public parks are essential. Having spent my professional career as a landscape architect working to improve public parks and open space assets in Boston and elsewhere I now have a chance to contribute in a new way."
The Commission oversees the Boston Parks and Recreation Department with authority over properties in its inventory as well as reviews projects within 100 feet of a park or parkway. The Commission typically meets on the last Monday of each month.
Latest on Boston Chron
- Entegris Completes the Sale of the Pipeline and Industrial Materials (PIM) Business to SCF Partners
- Weiss Asset Management is Unrelated to Weiss Multi-Strategy Advisers LLC
- Vintage Arms Inc. Opens Its Doors as Yonkers' Premier Firearms Destination and Training Facility
- Survivor breaks silence after 50 years
- The newest installment in an early middle grade series about a weird town with silly goings-on will delight young readers
- Have Luxury Watches Lost Their Shine? Market Analysis for 2024
- Rio Rancho Dentist Treats Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Snoring, with Oral Appliance Therapy
- Distribution Dates and Amounts Announced for Eaton Vance Closed-End Funds
- Hannah's Journal to Be Happy: New Book Reminds Us of the Many Ways We Can Find "Happy"
- TownePlace Suites Geneva at SPIRE Academy Opens
- Tobu Railway Makes Japan's First Demonstration Experiment Using Biofuel in a Steam Locomotive
- Boston: March is Women's History Month
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey Files Mass Leads Act to Grow Economy, Support Businesses, Attract Talent
- Massachusetts: Press Statement Governor Healey Applauds CVS and Walgreens for Expanding Access to Mifepristone
- Tri-Continental Corporation Declares First Quarter Distribution
- Introducing Flumlite SNUGG: Redefining Vaping Comfort and Style
- Sarepta Therapeutics Announces Inducement Grants Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- CNN and Fortune cite Wharton Wealth Planning market advice
- Boston: Mayor Michelle Wu Announces Expansion of Swim Safe Program with New Funding for Free Swim Lessons
- NFS Leasing, Inc. Sets Company Record for Year-Over-Year Originations in 2023, Increasing Vendor Partner NBV by 250%