- Posh AI Welcomes Former NCUA Chairman Rodney E. Hood to Board of Directors
- Boston's Urban Tree Data Now Available Through Analyze Boston
- New Book Challenges AI Implementations
Trinh Nguyen, Chief of Worker Empowerment, expressed her delight at Tanisha's appointment. "Serving Boston's young people is a priority for Mayor Wu and for this Cabinet, whether it is in meaningful employment, creating mentorship opportunities, or helping youth cope with violence and trauma in their neighborhoods through educational cohorts. Tanisha's experience will help us strategize to better serve these young people."
Isaac Yablo, Senior Advisor for Community Safety at the City of Boston also commented on the appointment: "I'm so pleased that Tanisha will be joining the amazing team over at YOU Boston. Her experience closing opportunities gaps among vulnerable populations will be critical in this role. I look forward to working with her to provide life changing opportunities to some of our most at-promise youth and young adults."
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Ribbon-cutting Ceremony Celebrates Menstrual Product Availability in City Hall
- Mayor Michelle Wu announces five year contract ratified by Boston Police Detectives Benevolent Society, codifying key reforms, fair compensation and advancing transparency
- Angel Beck Honored as Featured Agent in "Best of Real Estate Magazine"
- Training Industry Recognizes RAIN Group on 2024 Top 20 Sales Training and Enablement Companies List
- J & Z Unveils Naveen: The Next Generation Virtual Human Skincare Expert
Tanisha DeLeon is a native of Dorchester and Hyde Park who attended Centre College as a Posse Scholar where she earned a B.A. in Anthropology & Sociology. Most recently she served as the Strategy & Insights Manager at Western Governors University where she worked to identify and address organizational capability gaps while supporting underrepresented college students. Prior to that she assisted underserved business owners in raising capital and establishing their operations as the Senior Program Director of Social Impact at Gener8tor.
In her new role as Deputy Director of YOU Boston, Tanisha looks forward to bringing her expertise in change management, innovation, and capital raising to provide better access to opportunities for Boston's youth: "I am thrilled about the opportunity to nurture space for youth to grow," said Tanisha DeLeon. "Just as some startup founders find success after their tenth attempt, I wholeheartedly advocate for creating opportunities for second, third, and fourth chances for youth to develop their potential and achieve success."
YOU Boston is currently recruiting for its Youth Employment Program Winter 2024 cohort which places young people in paid supervised opportunities with community-based organizations across the city. Those interested can apply or be referred by using an online form or by emailing YOUreferral@boston.gov or calling 617-388-1352 before Wednesday December 20th 2023 when applications close. For more information visit boston.gov/YOU-Boston
Latest on Boston Chron
- Entegris Completes the Sale of the Pipeline and Industrial Materials (PIM) Business to SCF Partners
- Weiss Asset Management is Unrelated to Weiss Multi-Strategy Advisers LLC
- Vintage Arms Inc. Opens Its Doors as Yonkers' Premier Firearms Destination and Training Facility
- Survivor breaks silence after 50 years
- The newest installment in an early middle grade series about a weird town with silly goings-on will delight young readers
- Have Luxury Watches Lost Their Shine? Market Analysis for 2024
- Rio Rancho Dentist Treats Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Snoring, with Oral Appliance Therapy
- Distribution Dates and Amounts Announced for Eaton Vance Closed-End Funds
- Hannah's Journal to Be Happy: New Book Reminds Us of the Many Ways We Can Find "Happy"
- TownePlace Suites Geneva at SPIRE Academy Opens
- Tobu Railway Makes Japan's First Demonstration Experiment Using Biofuel in a Steam Locomotive
- Boston: March is Women's History Month
- Massachusetts: Governor Healey Files Mass Leads Act to Grow Economy, Support Businesses, Attract Talent
- Massachusetts: Press Statement Governor Healey Applauds CVS and Walgreens for Expanding Access to Mifepristone
- Tri-Continental Corporation Declares First Quarter Distribution
- Introducing Flumlite SNUGG: Redefining Vaping Comfort and Style
- Sarepta Therapeutics Announces Inducement Grants Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4)
- CNN and Fortune cite Wharton Wealth Planning market advice
- Boston: Mayor Michelle Wu Announces Expansion of Swim Safe Program with New Funding for Free Swim Lessons
- NFS Leasing, Inc. Sets Company Record for Year-Over-Year Originations in 2023, Increasing Vendor Partner NBV by 250%