- Legacy Gospel Series Project - New Previously Unreleased Recordings
- Boston: Disparity study completed; executive order signed establishing goals for minority- and woman-owned businesses
- Avionics Veteran Preston Dane joins L2 Aviation as Senior Account Manager
Beatriz Perez, Chair and President of The Coca-Cola Foundation states, "The Coca-Cola Foundation is committed to empowering communities, including a strong focus on education. We are pleased to provide new support to enable minority and students with disabilities to pursue advanced studies in optometry."
"We thank The Coca-Cola Foundation for this generous grant and for recognizing the importance of increasing diversity in the field of optometry," states Angela Abraham, OD, Diversity and Inclusion Liaison. "Optometry is a fulfilling profession that is much in demand as eye health needs continue to increase."
This is the third such diversity and inclusion scholarship established at NECO in the past few months. In addition to The Coca-Cola Foundation Scholarship, Warby Parker gifted a scholarship to be awarded to two Black scholars that covers tuition for the College's four-year doctor of optometry program. NECO alum Dr. Alan Glazier gifted scholarship funds with the goal to increase Black and underrepresented minority participation in the field of optometry.
More on Boston Chron
- Syxsense Announces Integration with Microsoft Office 365
- Charles River Laboratories Announces Strategic Partnership with Kibur Medical to Advance Preclinical Oncology Studies
- Launch of Trace One E-Sourcing Will Boost Retailers' Private Label Speed to Market
- Veristat Expands Global Service Capability in Biometrics with Acquisition of SQN Clinical
- City of Boston annual healthcare enrollment 2021
The grant also furthers NECO's organization-wide program for diversity and inclusion. "A scholarship is one aspect of a larger effort to attract individuals to optometry school who may otherwise not have considered it," states Janet LaBreck, member of the NECO Board of Trustees.
For details on NECO scholarships, reach out to [email protected].
About The Coca-Cola Foundation
The Coca-Cola Foundation is the global philanthropic arm of The Coca-Cola Company. Since its inception in 1984, the Foundation has awarded more than $1 billion in grants to support sustainable community initiatives around the world. For more information about The Coca-Cola Foundation, link here.
About New England College of Optometry
New England College of Optometry is an optometry school that prepares the next generation of eye care providers, educators, and innovators through a rigorous curriculum and extensive clinical experiences. NECO graduates compassionate and skilled optometrists prepared to practice in diverse settings. More at neco.edu.
SOURCE The New England College of Optometry
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Massachusetts: Baker-Polito Administration Announces $4.7 Million for Vaccine Equity in Hardest-Hit Communities; Regional Vaccination Collaboratives
- Boston: Moving to the new BCBSMA HMO plan
- Honorary Oscar-Winner Charles Burnett brings his award winning film on COVID-19 / Black Hollywood to the Prestigious Pan African 2021 Film Festival
- Black history is Boston history
- In a year of recession, Lantek closes 2020 with record sales figures and customer numbers
- Allego Announces Record-Breaking Q4 and Full Year of Customer and Revenue Growth Marked by Product Innovation and Continued Market Leadership
- Alzheon CEO Presents Overview of Oral Anti-Amyloid ALZ-801 Phase 3 Program at 9th Neurodegenerative Drug Development Summit
- The Koedo Kawagoe Spring Festival Celebrates the Arrival of Springtime in Kawagoe, Japan
- Aaron's Energy: An Unexpected Journey Through Grief and the Afterlife With My Brilliant Son
- Boston: Two easy ways to get involved with climate-ready planning
- Libman Education Introduces Coding Workspace™ Next Generation Coder Training
- MC Residential Activates in the Wake of Texas Weather Crisis
- The Best SEO Company in New York City Is Proving Local Businesses Free SEO Audit As COVID-19 Relief
- Gutenberg Technology Wins 2021 BIG Innovation Award
- Boston Arts Academy marks major milestone in construction of new $125 million facility in Fenway
- Boston: Street sweeping, ticketing enforcement for expired inspection stickers and vehicle registration to resume
- City of Boston announces street sweeping; ticketing enforcement for expired inspection stickers and vehicle registration to resume
- Fennemore Names New Office Managing Partners, Practice Group Leaders & Chief Diversity Officer
- Wohler adds to their iVAM range with the launch of the iVAM2-2
- To Supply Chains and Beyond: Blue Yonder Expands Five-Year Partnership with Matter, Enlisting Full Suite of PR + Marketing Offerings