- Telco Systems and albis-elcon Partner to Boost Rollout of Service Virtualization on Telecommunications Networks USA - English USA - English
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing
- OS-Independent, License-Free On-Chip SAE J1939 Protocol Stack for Embedded, Linux, and Windows Systems
Dr. Jonathan Behr, Partner at The Dementia Discovery Fund, said, "We are delighted to welcome Lynne and Jim to DDF. Both are world-recognized experts in dementia and neuroscience R&D and their considerable expertise reinforces the key differentiation and value proposition of the DDF as we continue to invest in innovative dementia therapeutics and platform companies. Their contribution is expected to be particularly valuable as our portfolio companies mature and advance into clinical-stage development."
Dr. Hughes, said, "I am delighted to join DDF and its experienced team. The firm has been a pioneer in neuroscience investing, funding innovative dementia research and working creatively with entrepreneurs, academics and the industry to design and develop global Alzheimer's disease trials. I look forward to working with my colleagues to help manage and expedite drug development to combat this dreadful disease."
Dr. Summers, said, "I am pleased to join the impressive DDF team and excited to work together with them to achieve the important goal of bringing transformative therapies to patients with dementia."
Dr. Lynne Hughes
Dr. Lynne Hughes brings over 35 years of experience in global clinical research. She has been involved, to some extent, in the development of most neurology products over the past 20 years on the global markets. She joins DDF from IQVIA, (formerly Quintiles and IMS Health, Inc.), a global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions, and clinical research services, where she worked for 22 years and recently retired as Vice President and Global Head, Medical & Therapeutic Strategy, Neurology.
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Demolition Delay Application: 3474-3476 Washington Street, Jamaica Plain
- Boston: Demolition Delay Application: 2-4 King Street, Dorchester
- Marion Bauer's Sonata, Op.22 – transcribed for Alto Saxophone
- HarborOne Bancorp, Inc. Announces Share Repurchase Program
- Fandangos & the New World: Concert and Conversation
Her expertise in neurology spans many diseases, including Alzheimer's disease (AD), Parkinson's disease, pain, multiple sclerosis, acute care (including traumatic brain injury and stroke), migraine, epilepsy, as well as neuro-orphan indications.
Lynne currently sits on multiple advisory boards and steering and executive committees. She is a member of the National Institute of Aging (NIA-NIH) a task force for recruitment into AD trials and development of the US National Framework, and is co-chair of the Davos Alzheimer's Collaborative (DAC), a group dedicated to expediting clinical AD trials. She is also a member of the G7 & G20 World Dementia Councils.
At DDF, Lynne will use her deep neurology R&D expertise to advise DDF's portfolio companies on clinical development strategies as they plan to advance their drug candidates into clinical trials.
Dr. James Summers
Dr. James Summers has over 30 years of drug discovery and pharmaceutical research management experience. He currently serves on the board of directors, scientific advisory board and as an advisor to several biotechnology companies and venture capital firms.
Jim was formerly Vice President of Neuroscience Research at AbbVie, where he focused on the discovery of new drugs for the treatment of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases, pain, and psychiatric disorders. Under his leadership, teams have advanced more than 20 compounds into clinical development.
While at AbbVie, Jim also established new research sites in Cambridge, MA and Shanghai, China. He was an architect of strategies that defined the future direction of global research organizations, and championed multiple successful out-licensing deals, biotech collaborations and venture investments.
Jim is currently an existing member of the Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) of DDF portfolio companies Nitrome Biosciences, Caraway Therapeutics, Cerevance, Tiaki Therapeutics, and as Venture Partner brings his extensive experience to contribute to R&D strategy across DDF's broader portfolio.
Photos available on request
More on Boston Chron
- Boston: Demolition Delay Application: 267 Amory Street, Jamaica Plain
- Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Naples Real Estate Broker CEO Is Concerned About The 17 Million Americans Behind on Their Mortgage Payments
- Boston: Mayor Janey announces "B-Local" app to support local businesses
- hellowater®, the Water That Works™ brand launches hellowater Defense power by CYTO+
- Celebrate Golden Week in Tokyo with 1,000 Colorful Carp Streamers
About The Dementia Discovery Fund
The Dementia Discovery Fund (DDF) is a £250m specialist venture capital fund investing in, and creating, biotech companies pursuing transformational therapeutic approaches for dementias including Alzheimer's disease. The DDF brings significant capital and domain expertise to enable talented entrepreneurs to bring therapeutics addressing one of the world's largest unmet medical needs to the clinic – ultimately aiming to generate significant returns for its investors. The DDF is enabled by its networks and influential group of investors including some leading pharmaceutical companies (Biogen, Eli Lilly and Co., GSK, Johnson & Johnson, Otsuka (Astex), Pfizer and Takeda), along with AARP, Aegon, Bill Gates, British Patient Capital, NFL Players Association, Quest Diagnostics, UnitedHealth Group, the UK Government's Department of Health and Social Care, and the charity Alzheimer's Research UK. The Fund is managed by SV Health Investors. Learn more at www.TheDDFund.com
About SV Health Investors
SV Health Investors is a leading healthcare fund manager committed to investing in tomorrow's healthcare breakthroughs. The SV family of funds invests across stages, geographic regions, and sectors, with expertise spanning biotechnology, dementia, healthcare growth, healthcare technology and public equities. With approximately $2.7 billion in assets under management and a truly transatlantic presence with offices in Boston and London, SV has built an extensive network of talented investment professionals and experienced industry veterans. Since its founding in 1993, SV has invested in more than 200 companies with more than 90 of these having achieved successful acquisitions or IPOs.
For more information, please see www.svhealthinvestors.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Dementia Discovery Fund
Laurence Barker, Partner (UK)
Jonathan Behr, Partner (US)
Citigate Dewe Rogerson
Sylvie Berrebi, Frazer Hall, Mark Swallow PhD
Tel: +44 (0)20 7638 9571
SOURCE The Dementia Discovery Fund
Filed Under: Business
Latest on Boston Chron
- Dynatrace named a Leader in 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Performance Monitoring
- Dynatrace Receives Highest Scores Across 4 of 5 Use Cases in 2021 Gartner Critical Capabilities for Application Performance Monitoring Report
- TribalVision Welcomes Equity Partner Rahul Bansal to its Leadership Team
- Riverside Partners' Managed IT and Cybersecurity Service Platform Completes Merger with ASK to Expand Market Leadership to the Midwest
- Iron Mountain Signs Leases for Six Megawatts with Fortune 100 Technology Customer at AZP-2 Data Center in Phoenix
- West Coast Customs icon launches "CarCoin" NFT, giving away an original WCC designed vehicle to celebrate
- imc Test & Measurement Joins Battery Ventures' Test and Measurement Platform
- A Free Lesson for World Tai Chi Day! Hosted by Oom Yung Doe
- Residents invited to honor One Boston Day
- Brightcove Announces Date of First Quarter Fiscal Year 2021 Conference Call and Webcast
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- Avidia Bank Announces Partnership with KyckGlobal For Next-Generation Treasury Management Products
- SmartBear Expands Support of Codeless, Automated Testing for Mobile and ERP Applications
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Pickle's new robot works with people to get your online orders delivered sooner.
- 4AIR Announces #FORTHEAIR, Aerial Photograph Appreciation Contest During the Month of April to Celebrate Earth Day
- New AI Analysis Pinpoints COVID-19 Mortality Risk in Medicare Population